[mythtv-users] How to transcode+cut commercials 100% lossless

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Fri Aug 8 18:45:59 UTC 2008

Thanks for the input guys. Since I'm fairly new at Myth, just to clarify
then what exactly should I do if I don't have an automated process but just
pick a recording and want to cut out commercials and transcode 100%
lossless? I'd like to do this with past recordings I keep in myth.

I have taken note of the mythcommflag and mythtranscode commands, but for my
novice's sake could someone explain the steps I would take? Would I add a
job, and if so with which command and which would go first, second, etc.?
Thanks a lot for the help!! :)

Bob