[mythtv-users] Does anyone know who supports Mytharchive?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:28:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 10:56 AM, cal <cal at graggrag.com> wrote:
> Tom Dexter wrote:
>> [ ... ]
>> As a matter of fact, I recently wrote a (rather limited but effective)
>> perl script I've been using to create NTSC DVDs from my DVB-T
>> recordings using projectx, mencoder, tcmplex-panteltje, and dvdauthor
>> that's been working really great for me.  I was going to post it to
>> the list in the near future in case someone else might find it useful.
> yes please!

I'll try to post them today.  There are actually two scripts.  Their
functionality was different enough that I decided not to try to
combine the functionality into one.

One script creates an NTSC DVD directory structure from one or more
mpeg-ts files (one title per file), with an option for a menu (a
simple text menu using makemenu from the tovid package, with one entry
per file), and a burn option (using growisofs).

The other is strictly intended for splitting one mpeg-ts file at
specified time stamps and creating multiple NTSC DVD directories (with
no menu or burn option).

Both can put chapter markers every five minutes.