[mythtv-users] Help! New Frontend box cannot connect to master backend in setup.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 03:42:23 UTC 2008

On 08/08/2008, Allen Edwards <allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com> wrote:

>  I reinstalled mythbuntu a 4th time far enough that I could get a command
>  prompt and had mysql installed.
>  I issued this command:
>  mysql -h 192.168.1.111 -u root -p
>  I entered my password and cannot connect.
>

>  I guess that points to the backend, but what?  I have checked all the
>  settings in myth three times.

More likely an access issue with your MySQL installation, which is
denying access to remote hosts. Check your /etc/my.cnf on the DB host
in case it is binding to localhost, and if that is not the case, you
may have to grant access for your remote machines to the MythTV
database directly - instructions can be found in the MythTV docs and
on the wiki.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: