[mythtv-users] Why Free Software has poor usability ?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Aug 7 19:11:55 UTC 2008

Jason Antman wrote:
> Why is it obsolete? I only use OpenOffice (thanks to both Linux, and a
> year-long internship with Sun) and I have yet to try to do anything it
> can't handle.

Their Access work-alike didn't work, last time I tried it.  You couldn't
do simple left-join relationships on a form.

I've also heard from others, but never tried myself, that it's lacking
when you try to do more complex business operations, like mail merge.

It's great for home use, though, don't get me wrong.  It's just far from
a business-class package.