[mythtv-users] Anyone else having recent troubles withimdb-bulk-update.pl?

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Thu Aug 7 18:22:11 UTC 2008

C.T. Paterson wrote:
> 2008/8/7 Brian Phillips <brian.phillips at gmx.net>:
>> Brian Phillips wrote:
>>> My imdb.pl was hanging and I couldn't figure out why.  It would just
>>> sit there getting info for several different movies (some worked,
>>> some didn't).  Here's an example of the hang:
>>
>> I should mention some movies that worked and some that didn't.
>>
>> Worked:
>> Oceans Eleven (2001)
>> Oceans Thirteen
>> Bourne Identity
>> Bourne Ultimatum
>>
>> Didn't work:
>> Oceans Twelve
>> Bourne Supremacy
>
> How long did it hang?  I know that I've often tried to retrieve imdb
> movie details, and it will sometimes fail to get the poster, but only
> after a minute or two of hanging there.  It looks locked up, but
> always comes back in time.  Later attempts to get the data again are
> often successful - but not always.
>
> Cheers.

Well I guess I should have been more patient...

It took 2 minutes to time out.  Afterwards it gave me a message about
getting 0 bytes from the nexbase.net poster.  Then it just grabbed a poster
from imdb.

I was concerned only because it was the first time I've had it hang and it
was doing it to about 6 movies that I was trying to grab info for.  Looks
like we're good now.

Brian