[mythtv-users] Viewing video files on a CD or DVD

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 08:49:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 5:17 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> You can use both the DB information and browse mode to list videos.
> They just come up with the name without any DB information if there
> isn't any. I do this with video podcasts. bashpodder puts podcasts
> into their own directory and I use MythVideo to view either DVD's I've
> ripped with nice cover art and metadata or just a filename for the
> podcast downloads.

what would be a nice addition is to set browse mode per directory. I
have a few machines with large video stores on the network, mounted on
the myth machine. If browse mode is on they are all scanned on
entering mythvideo, which takes ages over the network. If I could just
turn browse on for a few directories like the videopodcast and cdrom
mount, it'd be sweet.