[mythtv-users] OT: Track Total Downloads for Bandwidth Limit

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:14:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 1:00 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> My house is halfway between 2 local switches and I get only 288 kbps up
> or down with DSL.
>
> I'm wondering about getting Rogers "Portable Internet Basic" which would
> be twice as fast at the same price. However that package has a Monthly
> Bandwidth Activity Limit of 10GB.
>
> Can anyone suggest a program which will allow me to track and total my
> downloads (including daily SchedulesDirect mythfilldatabase). There must
> be some sort of program, and I may end up with a bruise on my forehead
> when someone points out the obvious to me, but at the moment, I'm stumped.
>
> Geoff

I would recommend running something like vnStat (
http://humdi.net/vnstat/ ).  Ideally you would run it on a box that
has all internet traffic flowing through it.  If you ran it on your
MythTV box, you would need to take into account any remote
frontends/backends that would be transfering data between it.

Dave