[mythtv-users] Why Free Software has poor usability ?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 6 17:47:38 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
>> It is a certain area of problems that would have been fixed by now in
>> some way in commercial software.
>
> I say what? You must be joking! A problem that no one else can
> replicate?

You are ignoring reports by others of supposed leaks. Even a bugreport
with valgrind logs exists.
So the problem is real until explained otherwise.

> You think you would get ANY response from the average
> commercial software company as a lone user with unusual usage
> complaining about an alleged memory leak?

When I'd show them the VSZ woudl grow from X to 1.5*X in a certain time
I could ask them to explain.
Nobody gave an explanation here.

> At least you got some
> traction on this list with people trying to help.

Yes, the stuff which I mentioned under the 'ignore' remark.

Udo