[mythtv-users] Recording the olympics

JEDIDIAH jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Aug 5 21:51:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 01:12:38PM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> says:
[deletia]
> "channel surfing," I suppose): Create a rule to "Record at any time on
> any channel," but set the priority to below that of anything else
> that's more important. Then, make sure that Setup|TV
> Settings|General|Auto Expire Method is set to Lowest Priority
> First. This way, the Olympics won't ever prevent another recording,
> and will always be auto-deleted if the space is needed for another
> recording.

    The only problem with this approach is that it's a sort of all
or nothing thing. It would be nice if there were delete priorities
distinct from recording priorities. That way content that's comparable
to "Tivo Suggestions" would be able to do as you describe without being
in effect globally.