[mythtv-users] mceusb power button repeats

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Aug 5 03:00:48 UTC 2008

On Aug 4, 2008, at 7:52 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:

>> One "normal" press of the power button on my mceusb remote yields the
>> following:
>> [mythtv at MythBox etc]$ irw
>> 000000037ff07bf3 00 Power mceusb
>> 000000037ff07bf3 01 Power mceusb
>> 000000037ff07bf3 02 Power mceusb
>> 000000037ff07bf3 03 Power mceusb
>> 000000037ff07bf3 04 Power mceusb
>> 000000037ff07bf3 05 Power mceusb
>>
>> My .lircrc file shows that the button should never repeat:
>> begin
>>        prog = irexec
>>        button = Power
>>        repeat = 0
>>        config = /home/mythtv/bin/restart.sh
>> end
>>
>> I'm running mythtv 0.21, lirc 0.8.3. I only find one lircd.conf and
>> one
>> lircrc. Any ideas on why my restart script is being called 2-3
>> times each
>> time the power button is pressed?
>
> Which is why I put a timestamp into a file and check for a repeat
> within
> 10 seconds in my script. Never did get to the bottom of it but just
> worked
> round it!
<snipped a bunch of unnecessary code>

repeat = 0 didn't work for you?
If not, try a number like repeat = 3 which means to only acknowledge
every 3rd keypress if it gets a bunch in a row. Different remotes
transmit at different rates so another number might work better for
you. I use repeat = 1 for one of mine and repeat = 2 for another.