[mythtv-users] Adjusting picture levels on FX5200 TV out?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Mon Aug 4 02:59:22 UTC 2008

Hello.

I'm getting aquainted with Myth having installed Mythbuntu last week
and procuring the necessary hardware.  Progress has been good and I'm
working out a few remaining issues.

I am using a GeForce 2 based FX5200 card with S-Video TV out and the
picture size is fine,  However, the colors and the levels are way out
of kilter.  I'm recording from my DirecTV receiver using composite
video to a PVR-150 and while the picture looks good on a monitor from
the VGA port, the TV colors are very dark, low in contrast, and bleed
badly as well as not being faithful to the original.  Also, the
onscreen channel text (AUX in this case) remains on the screen, this is
a 15 year old Zenith fed via composite video.  The TV's picture is very
good when fed by the satellite receiver directly.

So, is there some utility that could adjust the TV out settings of the
'5200?  The cable between the '5200 S-Video output and the TV is an
S-Video to composite video cable that came with the card (bought second
hand).  I've even tried a second adapter cable with no change in
picture quality.

Ideas?

- Nate >>