[mythtv-users] Broken Home Directory / Messed up permissions

Jonathan Seawright opustormy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 22:52:33 UTC 2008

Heya,

So, I was trying to help out a friend and in my stupidity of trying to mount
a drive in my home directory and it not working, I reset the permissions in
the home directory.
Now, GDM crashes when I try to start up the mythbox, and I'm not sure where
to start on setting permissions back... GDM tells me that it can't write to
it's authorization file in the home directory...
Also, Samba is giving me huge problems when i try to access anything on the
mythtv box (music, etc)

I read from my  google searches that files have to be 644 and folders have
to be set as 755, but I did that and it isn't working.
I also tried attempting to match up the permissions with the folders on my
other mythtv box... with no avail..

Any idea where to start on that?

I really messed it up this time!

Jonathan