[mythtv-users] OTA interference with cable causing ghosting

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sun Aug 3 15:36:53 UTC 2008

>> Allen
>>

> Well...actually I did in fact mean that I would use the coax-seal on
> the snap n seal connectors.  I figured it certainly couldn't do any
> harm, and I already have the stuff.
>
> I do have a good coax stripper already...can't do without that for sure.
>
> Thanks.
> Tom

I would not use the coax-seal on the snap-n-seal connectors as they
definitely don't need it and there is some small possibility you will
trap water between the coax-seal and the snap-n-seal.  Probably wouldn't
hurt either way but why bother.

I think you will be fine with the setup you have.  I think many cable
installers use the crimp on connectors and they do it without the
cable-seal.  Of course, your TV periodically quits working because of
that, but with the coax-seal, that should solve the problem.  After all,
you only need that on the connections that are outside the house.

Allen