[mythtv-users] Dual monitors solved

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Apr 30 16:58:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 11:42 -0500, Misty P wrote:

> Though I have to admit I'm a bit intrigued as to how one would run multiple
> frontends on the same box.  That could be useful, too!

I've done it, but the real reason for wanting two separate displays was
so that I could use the VGA output to do other computer stuff (web
browsing,  running mythtv-setup, etc.) all of which display very poorly
on my TV on the 1920x1080 display. So I have a second screen using the
CRT device running at 1024x768, and I can switch my TV input over to
that one and open terminal windows, web browser and the like and
actually be able to read it, and not have to exit out of mythfrontend.

Now if only I could get HD playback working well after upgrading to Myth
0.21 and F8. Used to work well under FC5 and 0.20 SVN.

--Greg