[mythtv-users] Dual monitors solved

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Wed Apr 30 15:21:27 UTC 2008

Youri Matthys wrote:
> Allen,
>
> If you configure your X-server with 2 seperate xscreens you could
> start mythfrontend with the DISPLAY variable to run it on a specific
> screen.
>
> To start it on your svideo this would result in: "DISPLAY=:0.1
> mythfrontend" You could also add the -geometry parameter after this
> if you like.
>
> I've attached the relevant parts of my xorg.conf for your reference.

Or, the original poster could search the archives for the solution I posted
less than one week ago for his *EXACT* problem, no ridiculous shutting down
X required!  (Even works with XvMC!)

(*NO*, I'm not willing to post it again.  Give a man a fish and you feed him
for a day.  Teach a man to search, and you don't have to keep buying him
fish!)

(But I *will* give the url to search the archives...
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ )