[mythtv-users] $50 to Make My Serial IR Blaster Work

Jeff Clark jeff at vacantcanvas.com
Wed Apr 30 15:11:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2008, at 8:27 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>
> > On 30/04/2008, blake <blake at www.loadedshelf.com> wrote:

> Going back to the original subject, $50 just happens to be the cost of
> a "MyBlaster", which pretty much "just works". I think they are no
> longer available new though, ebay ???
>
> beww

You're definitely right, but the last thing I need is yet another blaster
sitting around my house.

I had the one that came with the PVR-150, but yanked on my cable box one
time and broke the 1/8th pin -- which is why I went serial since.

The reason I don't mind paying the same price is because this also comes
with documentation.  I not only want it to work, but I want to learn where I
was messing up so I don't have to keep throwing around $50 for any other
issues in the future :)