[mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 00:31:39 UTC 2008

--- Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. On Motherboard integrated 6195 Nvidia Chip
> 2. Samsung LE-40F86
> 3. DVI -> HDMI (1920x1080)
>

> No problems at all.

Thanks, all, for the replies. Useful information. I
think I've been overly pessimistic about the issues of
the connection between graphics adapters and the
television.

FWIW, this is the setup I'm currently aiming for:

1) Sharp Aquos LC-52D64U (52", 1080p 60Hz with
FineMotion, 7 inputs including 1x VGA)
2) Gigabyte GA P35-DS3L
3) Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (high performance, low power
consumption)
4) 3x Western Digital Caviar GP drives 750GB, in
software RAID5 configuration (low power consumption,
quiet, reasonable price for 750G drives)
5) 2GB RAM
6) Antec Sonata case model (original, spare from an
old server of mine)
7) nVidia Quadro NVS 285 based card (hand-me down
PCI-E with only the VGA connector. I may replace this
with a cheap $30 nvidia fanless card with DVI output)
8) Hauppauge PVR 500 (current MythTV capture card)
9) HDHomeRun tuning QAM from cable (or ATSC if I tell
cable co to stick it)

In the longer term, I'd like to add the HD capture
functionality that the Hauppauge USB HD PVR device
could provide, but I'm going to wait for first
impressions on driver feasibility.

I suppose if I'm lucky I'll be ready for my wife and I
to watch the last BSG episode in high def using the
Hauppauge device.