[mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 16:55:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:23 AM, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/4/28  <zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com>:
> > After 4.5 years doing myth in SD I'm getting ready to
> >  go high-def. Unfortunately, my research has so far
> >  indicated that high-def myth is a combination of
> >  crapshoots and settling for less. Not a fault of Myth,
> >  per se, more of a lack of support by GPU suppliers,
> >  nvidia and Intel included.
> >
> >  That said, I'd really like to know what people have
> >  working for full 1080i hi-def playback, on a 1080x1920
> >  native display. Specifically, the combination of:
> >
> >  1) video card
> >  2) television
> >  3) link between video card and television

1) Nvidia 6200
2) Vizio 32" (Circuit City version)
3) DVI->HDMI converter @ 1280x768

also

1) Nvidia 6150 (Asus Onboard video)
2) Optoma 1080p Projector HD80
3) DVI->HDMI @ 1080p/60

I think modelines and what not are mainly a thing of the past.  The nvidia
drivers are better and the TVs are better.  Both my TV's work by just
plugging them in and using the nvidia-settings GUI to autodetect the
setings.  This also worked on my fathers 5 year old 1080i Sony Wega HDTV.

Mitchell