[mythtv-users] noob database question

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Tue Apr 29 11:59:19 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicolas Frazier" <nickfrazier1 at gmail.com>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 11:20 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] noob database question

> As a noob to Mythtv installation, how do you complete the database
> installation of myth in the latest ubuntu environment.  mythfilldatabase
> cannot login.

I ran into this problem when I rebuilt my FE/BE last month on ubuntu 8 (at
that time, an alpha).

According to the notes I scribbled back then, I had traced the problem to a
problem with the Ubuntu package.  Specifically, when I did an apt-get
mythtv, apt fetched/installed in the order backend, then MySQL, then
frontend...

...which should never work, since configuring the backend *requires* talking
to mysql!

In my case (another rebuild), I fixed it by manually getting mysql *first*,
then doing an apt-get mythtv.

But in your case, try

sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-common

which should attempt to re-set-up the mysql stuff.  Then run mythtv-setup
again.