[mythtv-users] common noob question

William Munson william_munson at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 10:25:18 UTC 2008

Nicolas Frazier wrote:
> I have gotten stuck during mythtv installation. I cannot connect to a
> database for myth. Using the information listed below can someone help
> me through the process?

Sounds like you may have a permissions or a password mismatch issue. Or
you may not have everything you need installed. Try manually logging
into mysql and see if you can open the mythconverg database.

Personally, I would install phpMySql and use its easy web interface
rather than try to use command line but thats up to you.

Bill