[mythtv-users] Newbie Q's.

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:33:31 UTC 2008

>  I did try to use the program guide screen to schedule a recording (i.e., go to the timeslot I want on channel 3 and schedule to record that), but still nothing on the Upcoming Recording page.  Any further suggestions.

I think telling mythtv to record channel 3 is not correct.I think the
way it's supposed to work is:

1)  You tell mythtv to record a particular programme from the listing
(say channel 10)
2)  Mythtv commands your STB to change to channel 10 (by running a
channel change script)
3)  Mythtv tunes your capture card to channel 3 (because you've told
it that your recording on a fixed channel number) and starts
recording.

Since you don't have any way for mythtv to change channel it might be
failing on step (2).

Try defining /bin/true as your channel change script.  That should con
mythtv into thinking it has successfully configured your STB.  Then
select a programme to record from the listing.