[mythtv-users] Mythvideo File Scan 100% CPU + memory leak

Lachlan McIntosh lachlan at directions.com.au
Mon Apr 28 11:11:02 UTC 2008

For the benefit of some other poor sod who spends their evenings either
watching entertainment on a mythbox or trying to make one work....

If your mythfrontend runs at 100% CPU when you enter MythVideo you might
want to >check the file permissions< on ALL the files in your Myth Video
directories.

If the Mythfrontend user does not have permissions then it seems that
the file scan enters some form of hard loop.  In my case I couldn't even
remotely log into the box, Ctrl-Alt-Backspace or if I was logged in I
couldn't type commands.

As soon as I fixed the file permissions then the problem disappeared.