[mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???

covert covert thecovert+mythusers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 04:04:10 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Dean Harding <dean.harding at dload.com.au> wrote:
> zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Best I can tell so far is that the most trouble-free
>  > option is to use YPbPr component out with a supporting
>  > nvidia-based card. That's kinda sad to go analog in a
>  > digital world, and it requires slightly fancier video
>  > cards. But if that's the most reasonable option I'll
>  > do it.
>
>  I'm not sure what trouble you're referring to. In terms of *displaying*
>  HD, I've never had any trouble (I have an ABIT AN-M2 HD + AMD 5000+
>  hooked up via VGA to my 42" Samsung) and I don't have any trouble
>  viewing HD content. I never bothered with the XvMC route, because my CPU
>  was fast enough to display HD (MPEG-2 anyway) without it.
>
>  Most of the problems, as far as I've been able to tell, have been
>  *capturing* HD -- especially from Cable companies in the US -- or
>  displaying HD H.264. But for me, I'm watching OTA in Australia, and
>  don't have to worry about any of that stuff...
>
>  Dean.

Dean what playback profile are you using. I am in Aus as well. My
friend just started to question me about Myth in HD only 15 minutes
ago. Playing with HD last night I found TenHD was jumpy on my
+4800/780G combo, High profile. CPU was load was around 50%. With
Normal or Slim profile it was smooth but lesser quality.