[mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Mon Apr 28 03:56:19 UTC 2008

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com wrote:
> Best I can tell so far is that the most trouble-free
> option is to use YPbPr component out with a supporting
> nvidia-based card. That's kinda sad to go analog in a
> digital world, and it requires slightly fancier video
> cards. But if that's the most reasonable option I'll
> do it.

I'm not sure what trouble you're referring to. In terms of *displaying*
HD, I've never had any trouble (I have an ABIT AN-M2 HD + AMD 5000+
hooked up via VGA to my 42" Samsung) and I don't have any trouble
viewing HD content. I never bothered with the XvMC route, because my CPU
was fast enough to display HD (MPEG-2 anyway) without it.

Most of the problems, as far as I've been able to tell, have been
*capturing* HD -- especially from Cable companies in the US -- or
displaying HD H.264. But for me, I'm watching OTA in Australia, and
don't have to worry about any of that stuff...

Dean.