[mythtv-users] DVD stutters inside MythTV but not, outside. Need help.

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Sun Apr 27 20:46:01 UTC 2008

Allen Edwards wrote:
> Thanks for the reply I tried 8 DVDs and 2 played inside MythTV without
> stuttering. The other 6 had this bad sound and jerky picture. One had
> a menu problem where I could see the menu but not start the disk. That
> is probably disk specific and I can report that but I think my main
> problem is not disk specific except perhaps that it is worse on disks
> with dolby sound or something like that. All played in gxine outside
> mythtv ok. I tried to use gxine as the DVD player in Myth but it gave
> errors about not finding some mupx or something. I cannot use
> Mythbuntu 8.04 because the driver modules for my USB DTV module seems
> unsupported in that they will not install. Allen

On this mailing list (and most others), please 'bottom post' (put your
reply after the text). See
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette for more info.

If by DTV you mean DVB, you could try installing the v4l-dvb stuff from
http://www.linuxtv.org/ after upgrading Ubuntu, as that often fixes things.

Cheers,

John

--