[mythtv-users] OT - Re: Mythgame advice

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sun Apr 27 19:49:48 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> However, I was out at our local college the other day. I overheard a
> couple of students talking, saying they were flunking courses because
> they "just didn't have time to study".
>
> They then launched into a 30 minute discussion of their prowess and
> progress at WoW.
>
> I guess it never occurred to them that there might be a connection
> between the two items of discussion.

Video games are new, so people are targeting them as the root of all
evil, but this is really nothing new.  College kids get distracted
easily, and if it wasn't video games, it'd be something else.  20 years
ago everyone was up in arms about Dungeons & Dragons and how it was
going to destroy a whole generation of youth, yet somehow we carried on
as a society in spite of the odd gaming addict flunking out.