[mythtv-users] I need a firewire command-line channel-changer for a DCH-3200

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sun Apr 27 17:00:18 UTC 2008

I apologize for posting this once already, but apparently there was
some confusion the first time I posted this.

I need a command-line program to change the channel via
firewire with a Motorola DCH-3200.

I found the following on a web page:
   ( https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_External_Channel_Changer )
"for Motorola boxes other than the DCT6200, such as the DCH3200
or the DCT3412, you need to use the newest version of the channel
changer which is currently available from the MythTV SVN branch
as of 1/08."

So, I grabbed the SVN development source, and compiled the
6200ch.c source file.  But when I ran it, it still complained that it
could not find a DCT-6200 attached.

Please note: I DO NOT HAVE A DCT-6200.  That is why the program
is complaining that it can't find one connected, BECAUSE THERE
ISN'T ONE CONNECTED.  I have a DCH-3200.  I need a command-
line program to change the channels on a DCH-3200.  The above,
which I quoted, said that the SVN version of the 6200ch program should
work with a DCH-3200, but it doesn't.

I ran plugreport, and it works fine.  I ran firewire_tester, and it works
fine.  No problems there.

I know that MythTV has the ability to change the channel on my
DCH-3200, because it does so with no problems via the program
guide. I just need a command-line program to do it.