[mythtv-users] statistics in mythweb

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Sun Apr 27 10:32:01 UTC 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> John Veness wrote:
>> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>>> Recording Statistics
>>>
>>> Number of shows:
>>>     123
>>> Number of episodes:
>>>     166
>>> First recording:
>>>     Friday April 25th, 2008
>>> Last recording:
>>>     Sunday April 27th, 2008
>>> Total Running Time:
>>>     1 day 17 hrs 11 mins
>>> Total Recorded:
>>>     4 days 21 hrs 12 mins
>>> Percent of time spent recording:
>>>     284%
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> Yes, multiple channels, but how can one record more than 100% of the time?
>> The 284% looks like a calculation of 4 days 21 hrs 12 mins divided by 1
>> day 17 hrs 11 mins. I'm not sure how Myth calculates these figures. If
>> you've been running this system for some time, then the Total Running
>> Time looks quite low to me.
>
> I was persuaded into going to 0.21-fixes because of the issue described
> at ticket http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5260
> So indeed the running time is low.
> Yet the percentage should never exceed 100%.
> One records 1 or more shows at the same time but all that counts as 1
> instance of being busy with recording.

I see what you're saying, and the text "Percent of time spent recording"
isn't quite right, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. I guess it's
relatively easy for Myth to calculate how many hours of programs it has
recorded, but not so easy for it to take account of simultaneous recordings.

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T