[mythtv-users] bogus stuff to get past mailman:Password won't change

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Apr 26 21:59:44 UTC 2008

nick wrote:
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>
>> [sorry for the subject; mailman apparently doesn't like my real subject]
>>
>> I'm having a mysterious issue with all of my frontends since my upgrade
>> to 0.21.
>>
>> I am running debian lenny with Christian Marillat's debs.
>>
>> The password keeps getting reset - to a password that I never use.
>>
>> Each time I boot the frontend refuses to connect.  It goes through the
>> setup and tells me my password for the database is 'TNm5X9JM'.  I reset
>> it to the correct password, and I can run the frontend.
>>
>> I've checked ~mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt and ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml;
>> both have the correct password.
>>
>> Where is this password coming from?????
>>
>> --Yan
>>

> Is it TNm5X9JM here?
>
> /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt

Got it figured out.  Turns out that it was a remnant of my conversion
from self-built SVN to Christian Marillat's debs.   The installer
generated random password was of course different from the one I entered
manually when I installed CVN by hand. I've now found and set up all of
the passwords correctly.

--Yan

--
  o__