[mythtv-users] upgrade mythbuntu to 8.04, not horrible SD playback

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sat Apr 26 21:04:48 UTC 2008

Hello,

I had mythbuntu 7.10 and playback was great (and by great, i mean absolutely
perfect) with the yadif 2x deinterlacer. Now when i use yadif 2x after the
upgrade (actually a fresh reinstall of the 8.04), the playback plays for
about half a second at a time then pauses for half a second at a time.

Cpu usage in top is at 40% (20% of each core) on my 1.8ghz core 2 duo
processor with an nvidia 7300. That's exactly what it was at on my 7.10
install too. I had made a backup of my xorg.conf file before the upgrade
(wipe really), and that backup doesn't fix the issue.

Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here?

-Thanks