[mythtv-users] NVidia Drivers

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 26 18:41:39 UTC 2008

On 04/26/2008 08:15 AM, Mike Williams wrote:
> A quick recap of where I am at. My myth front end will only play one
> video per instance. If I try and play a second all I get is sound.
> Restarting the front end allows one more play. I have been told that
> is because of my faulty NVidia drivers, and that with the faulty
> drivers it is the opengl renderer that causes the problem.

> Also I have downloaded from NVidia, installed, and
> tested 3 different drivers. These include 169.12, 169.09, and 169.07.

You're not looking back far enough.  You should be looking at something
in the 100. range or the 99xx range of drivers.  I know there are posts
on this list that show the "magical" working drivers (but I don't feel
like searching right now).  Otherwise, someone else may post their
recommendation.

Mike