[mythtv-users] Some recordings not showing up, misc. questions

starcycle starcycle at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 17:39:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:49 PM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

>  It's usually this
>
>  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

wow, that was easy. :D thanks.

here's another annoyance: videos aren't showing up directly unless I
update the database through setup > video manager, where it tells me
that the files are missing. I remove them from the database with "yes
to all" and they show up on *that* machine, but then all the others
get the "Unknown prefix" folder, and they have to drill down many
levels to get to the videos.

What is going on with that? I don't see how to get around it since
it's an NFS share that's mounted at differently-named mount points on
the various frontends. Is there anyway to get around that, maybe with
symlinking or something?

thanks