[mythtv-users] Storage Group Priorities

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sat Apr 26 14:00:00 UTC 2008

I recently moved to the 0.21-fixes and am now trying to understand
Storage Groups.  After being bitten by one bad drive in a LVM setup on
0.19 and losing EVERYTHING, I love the concept.  My current situation is
that I have 1 TB external eSATA/USB 2.0 drive that I'm using via USB
because my system won't boot (hangs at the Silicon Image config screen)
when it's plugged into my SATA 150 port (is the drive too big?).  I also
have two 500 GB ATA-133 drives.  Each drive has one XFS partition and is
its own storage group.

I want to prefer the internal drives for HD content as they are faster
and (less CPU intensive during playback) as long as there's room.  I
also want to limit the USB drive to either one HD recording (if is has
to be used) or two SD recordings at a time.  I found the wiki entry on
Storage Groups (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Storage_Groups) and
it linked to a post on the wiki by Chris Pinkham regarding Storage Group
Weighting
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Storage_Groups_Weighting).  I have
searched the DB tables for the fields mentioned but can not find them.
Do I have bad eyes or have things changed?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!