[mythtv-users] Problems with MythTV CCI flag firewire crashes

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sat Apr 26 04:50:25 UTC 2008

I just downloaded the newly-released mythbuntu 8.04, totally
rebuilt my mythtv system, and decided to give firewire
another try.

Concerning firewire, I am running into the infamous CCI flag.
The big problem is that it crashes mythtv, resulting in my
having to terminate the mythtv process and sometimes even
having to reboot.  My digital cable service has hundreds of
channels, so I am not looking forward to doing the 'hit power
button, then quickly hit select, then scroll down to D6' thing on the
STB for every channel, to check which channels have the CCI
flag set.  Is there any conceivable way to automate this, somehow?
If I could somehow scan through the channels, and get a list
of channels that do or don't have that flag set, I could remove
the ones that do from my mythtv channels list, so mythtv
would never try to tune one, and all my problems would be
over.