[mythtv-users] Mythgame advice for non-gamer

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Apr 25 16:04:50 UTC 2008

On Apr 25, 2008, at 9:50 AM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> I guess that's the sort of thing I am looking for.  I don't want to
> spend
> much money on this but then again I want something that works.  The
> last
> time I dealt with computer games was on a PDP-8 (you can still find
> some
> archives of the mini-tapes on the web with my games - gunner,
> submariner,
> lunar lander...)

Really? I played with a PDP-8/L back in my school days, though we had
only paper tape, not the DecTapes I think you are talking about. I
wrote a blackjack game in PAL-III assembly, hard to do much higher
level language stuff with only 4K of core (note, "K", not "M" o "G",
and that *was* REAL "core").

> How do I go about getting the executables?  Buy a CD and hope for
> the best
> - maybe I can get it running with wine?  What controller?  That sort
> of
> thing.

Cross-Over from the CodeWeavers claims support for just about any
Windows game. It's basically an optimized Wine I think.

I'd think that any USB-connected controller would work. The PS3
controller is USB and BT, if you have a BlueZ stack working.

beww