[mythtv-users] Can interactive MHEG (Freeview) be dynamically turned on/off?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:12:05 UTC 2008

There is an option in the frontend settings to turn the interactive
mheg features on of Freeview (e.g. BBCi etc) but I do not like the red
buttons etc appearing on all programmes.

Is it possible to setup a key to turn on/off the interactive mheg
features - this means if I fancy like reading a bit of BBCi text I can
(by using this toggle key) but all my other playback is not plagued
with a red button prompt?

Too take this to a further level perhaps the ability to mark a channel
as having interactive features would be a great addition.  This means
the mheg features could be turned on by default on channels set to yes
(e.g. text only channels).