[mythtv-users] Recommended kernel version for 0.21, nova-t 500 and pvr 250 running under Xen

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 22:28:00 UTC 2008

On 15/03/2008, Jeppe N. Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk> wrote:

>  Before replacing my production myth box with the new server I wanted
>  to get any input on the recommended kernel version for the machine
>  running mythtv backend with a PVR250 and a Nova-T 500.

Kernels starting with 2.6.24.14 contain the fix to stop the USB
disconnects, commonly seen on the Nova T-500.

There is another issue affecting the Nova TD 500 USB stick - see the
linux-dvb list for ongoing details of this. The PCI Nova T-500 is not
affected by this particular issue as far as I can tell.

PVR-xx0 cards have been well supported for a long time now, so you
should be OK with any recent kernel.

I can't provide any useful information regarding Xen/virtualisation,
but hope the above helps.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: