[mythtv-users] why does myth commflag commercial free channels

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Apr 24 18:32:00 UTC 2008

>OK, so I went into mythtv-setup and changed the proper channels to
>commercial free. (running mythbuntu 7.10 btw). Now when I go back into
>mythweb, and select a show on one of those channels, it still has the
>auto-flag commercials checked. So nothing has changed.>
>
>I think you missed the jist of his reply.  Mythweb is broken.  It does not
support the newer method of configuring
>commerical flagging.  You should only rely on what you see in mythtv-setup
until that is fixed.

>Kevin

So in other words, don't count on mythweb to not want to commercial flag a
recording? I think I understood his response as: "you can't set a channel as
comm free in mythweb" but I figured that once I went into mythtv-setup and
selected commfree that mythweb would work. Oh well, I'll just keep
unchecking that box..i just sometimes forget to do it.

-Thanks