[mythtv-users] uPNP hardware recommendation..

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Thu Apr 24 15:28:35 UTC 2008

stuart wrote:
> I'm using 21 Debina / Unstable.  The videos work fine.  I have
> problems with trying to access recordings.  It would appear I can get
> to recordings if I only have to use the first menu.  However, more
> than one menu and I'm sunk.  For instance I can play back recording
> if they appear on the screen right off.  But if I have to scroll or
> negotiate through more then 1 menu - the box just sits there.  This
> happens on both of my Syabas / SigmaDesign boxes.

Don't know what to tell you...  with my ZyXEL, I'm first presented by a menu
that can best be described as "how do you want to organize?"  Date, program
name, program channel, genere, and a few others I can't remember off the top
of my head.  Normally I go by date, then select the date, then it shows
everything (regardless of group, so live TV included) on that date.

So I'd *guess* that's a device problem rather than a generic UPnP problem,
unfortunately.  (Or maybe myth is sending something your box doesn't like,
and mine blows off.)

> I would like to see SwissCenter/WizD like support on the mythbackend.
> There are dozen of Syabas / SigmaDesign clients that could take
> advantage of this.  It does fall short of a real front end, but would
> be better then just plain UPNP.

I guess not having used WizD I don't know what I'm missing.  About the only
thing I really find missing from UPnP in my experience is the ability to
view LiveTV.  I have already far too many ways to 'slice up' the list of
recordings that are presented via UPnP.