[mythtv-users] Commflagging when recording

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 19:15:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Ismo Tanskanen <ismot at telemail.fi> wrote:
> I found this at wiki:
>
>  *Note:* 'Automatically flag commercials' in a show's recording options
>  must be enabled for any method other than 'blank frame detection' to
>  work. That is to say, only blank frame detection flagging will work if
>  commflagging is run as a job at a later date.
>
>  Is this true also with 0.21 svn? I run commflagging afterwards, and it
>  works pretty fine, but sometimes misses a break.
>  Should flagging be done during recording? Does it produce better results?
>
>  -Kane

I asked that here:

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7533&highlight=blank+frame+detection

...and didn't get any response.  I don't understand that statement
either, and I can't believe it's correct, unless this is something
that is/was true of analog recordings.  I do commercial flagging on my
recordings (all DVB)...some while they're recording and others that I
queue up during the night with a cron script, and I'm sure they're all
using the "all methods" that I've chosen.

Regardless of when it's run the process should be identical...decode then flag.

Tom