[mythtv-users] DVI and SVideo on one system -- how???

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Wed Apr 23 15:42:02 UTC 2008

I am building a MythTV setup with both a TV (SVideo) and a projector
(DVI).  We usually watch TV shows on the TV and movies on the
projector.  I have tried various installs and can't seem to figure out
how to get video to play on both outputs.  When the computer is booting,
both outputs are valid so I have some hope.

If I reboot the computer, it will play successfully into whichever
device is connected without me doing anything but rebooting is not an
option with a combined front and back system.  As I said, we will only
be watching one at a time so I just need a solution that does not
involve rebooting.

I tried installing Mythbuntu with Video output enabled and again with it
disabled.  Both have issues and both work with reboot although in
different ways.

Mythbuntu 7.10
eVGA 6200
SATA 500G disk