[mythtv-users] Hard Backend Lockups

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Apr 23 03:51:54 UTC 2008

I had that happening on my new system last year. Turns out I had a bad
memory slot that was only intermittently generating errors. I ran it
through a few rounds of memtest86 and got no errors. After a few
months, a rebuild, and swapping out some hardware I still had the
problem. Frustrated, I swapped out the motherboard and the problems
went away. I ran the previous motherboard through a more extensive run
of memtest86. I think it wasn't until the 10th or 15th pass that it
picked up the memory errors. From there I was able to narrow it down
and determine it was one of the memory slots that was bad, and only
failed memtest86 on about 5% of the passes.

--
Ron