[mythtv-users] Status of MythTV support for multirec on HDHR?

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 01:08:28 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Marc Barrett <mnealbarrett at cox.net> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone is working on adding support to MythTV
>  for multirec on an HDHomeRun, and how it is progressing if so.
>  I am hoping someone is working on it.  I wish I knew how I could
>  support the effort, but I am not much of a linux programmer.

Personally, I don't care so much about being able to record two
subchannels of a QAM at once, as most of my stations don't share
channels.  I'm really excited about allowing the overlapping
recordings, and not missing the 30 seconds at the end of recordings
when it is finishing and then starting a new recording on the same
channel. (I'm not sure what that's called)  In fact, I don't want it
to record more than the number of physical tuners I have, I don't
think my backend could handle that.

Billy

PS this only really happens on nights when all tuners are full all
night, like Thursday.