[mythtv-users] Alternatives to DVB-T (UK) PCI Cards

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 23 00:40:49 UTC 2008

Asus P5WDG2, has two pci and two PCI-X (that's PCI-X not PCI-E) slots.
 PCI-X slots support standard PCI cards (admittedly they turn down the
bus speed on the slot but they do work).  The board will support 45nm
Quad core processors (in case you're going to do a lot of
transcoding).

Personally I'd recommend using a couple of 500's with the dual tuners
built in and then use say one more external USB-TD dual tuner if you
really think you'll need 6 tuners.  However I have a setup using 4
tuners under multirec (8 virtual tuners) and very seldom need all 4
actual tuners active (maybe once every couple of weeks) where there
are lots of simultaneous live sports events on.  The system feeds 4
different frontends in a large house and works very well.

Good Luck