[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Apr 22 14:32:04 UTC 2008

I had another thought on optimization. I don't recall if this was
covered already, though I don't see any mention of it.

There may be a performance advantage to setting up separate sources of
guide data for each tuner/channel. I'm assuming your current setup is
that you have 3 (or more) tuners, and that all 3 tuners share the same
source of guide data, containing all channels. You could instead try
setting up 3 separate source. The first source only gets channel X
guide data and is assigned to tuner 1 (thus tuner 1 is dedicated to
channel X). Then setup a second source with only channel Y in it, and
assign it to tuner 2. Then do the same for channel Z/tuner 3. If you
then have a fourth tuner that you use for the remaining channels on an
as needed basis, you can setup a fourth source that has every channel
except X, Y, and Z.

I'm not sure how the myth scheduler is written, but it is possible it
was written in a way that could give such a scenario a performance
advantage.

--
Ron