[mythtv-users] 6200ch problem

John McCreary jmccreaa at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 02:49:47 UTC 2008

Can anyone assist with this issue?

I have compiled 6200.c for my system (Mythbuntu 8.04 rc 1) and installed
it. Using the keyboard in a terminal, I can successfully change channels
on the cable box by entering the command '6200ch <channel #>'. I can see
the channels change on the box. However, once inside mythfrontend, either
live tv or attempting to record, 6200ch no longer works. In live tv, I
can enter a channel with either the remote or the keyboard, the osd comes
up -- blank, with no information -- the live tv picture pauses for a
moment, but then no channel change as the osd fades out. When attempting
to record, the backend pukes, reporting an error that it was unable to
change channels. Something is amiss, but I cannot figure out what.

All help appreciated.

---
John McCreary