[mythtv-users] Does Fast Forward Work for anyone?

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Mon Apr 21 19:37:06 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Dalquist" <eric.dalquist at doit.wisc.edu>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Does Fast Forward Work for anyone?

> Do you mean 802.11g?

Sorry, I got the alphabet soup of 802.11 mixed up.  You're right; I meant
802.11g, not 802.11n.

> I had been streaming HD captures from a HDHomeRun
> over 802.11g without too much trouble. That was through 2 drywall walls
> and was fine as long as the microwave was off and no other computers
> were on the network. You are correct though that 22/24mbps is about the
> max realistic throughput for 802.11g.

Lucky you!  I'm not able to reliably stream HD over 802.11g more than about
ten feet away from my AP (cisco 1230).  Too many of my neighbors have
competing APs.  Thank heavens I don't live in a condo!

> PS: I'm using a Linksys WRT-350N with DD-WRT v.24-RC7

RC7 is out?  Time for me to upgrade.  :)