[mythtv-users] mythfrontend can't connect to backend/database

starcycle starcycle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 01:32:53 UTC 2008

omg - I can't believe it. i think it was the /etc/hosts.allow file. I
added mysqld: <lan IP> and now it's working. :-o  I read something
authoritative on linuxquestions about 12 hours ago saying mysql didn't
use tcp wrappers so I just ruled it out -- i guess that was wrong!
well, at least it's working now. I can't believe it was hosts.allow!!!

thanks to everyone for your help & patient replies.

cheers