[mythtv-users] lircd don't start automatically

Claude Gélinas claude at phyto.qc.ca
Sun Apr 20 13:43:36 UTC 2008

Le Sunday 20 April 2008 07:19:46, vous avez écrit :
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Claude Gélinas <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> > After a complete reinstall and upgrade to FC8 everything is fine except
> > lircd which do not start after reboot.
>
> Are you saying it works when you install it but then doesn't work
> again after rebooting? If so, in my experience thats always come down
> to one of 2 things: a module not being loaded or an entry under /dev
> not being recreated.
Effectively I have to load manually the module lirc_i2c then start lircd.

How can I have it load automatically. The /etc/modprobe.conf have an entry for
lirc_i2c

# lirc
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_i2c

I've set /sbin/chkconfig lircd on

What else ?

--
Claude Gélinas agr.