[mythtv-users] Missing Dependency: libmp4ff.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package mythmusic

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Sun Apr 20 04:45:00 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 23:14 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> I'm running Fedora 8 on a 64-bit Athlon system and I'm trying to install
> the rpm's from ATrpm repository. Fedora 8 is current (every update has
> been installed). I get the following error from yum (via yumex):
>
> Missing Dependency: libmp4ff.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package
> mythmusic
>
> This file is from faad2 yet faad2 is installed.
>
> Any idea on how to fix this so mythtv can be installed?
>
> Rick B.

I checked out mythdora but could not find any rpms to install.
Apparently you have to create an iso DVD and install a whole new
operating system (based on Fedora 8). I'm not ready to destroy a working
system just to try it out. I've tried DVD's like mythknoppix but they
never worked.

I happened upon the "solution" to the libmp4ff.so.0 dependency. I have
to remove faad2 from livna, then disable the livna repository, enable
ATrpm repository, and then mythtv should install without this error.

Unfortunately, removing faad2 requires removing most everything else
that works (like xine, mplayer, various codecs, etc.). So apparently I
have to destroy a working system just because of one dependency. If I
didn't have a working system, I would be willing to try it. I'm not sure
why it has to be so difficult.

I'll ask again: Does anyone know of any stand-alone program to record
the HDTV data stream to a file (other than getatsc or pchdtvr)?

Rick B.